Monday, September 29, 2014

Yesterday at the Office: Fair Play


This past Friday I took a short road trip to Doswell, VA to shoot a photo essay of opening day at the State Fair of VA. Within the first few minutes of my arrivalI I got off to a quick start - making the lead image of BMXer Alex Johann. But things got slow really fast and I didn't make another keeper for about an hour and a half later. I knew I needed to fill a page of content and also have more images for the online gallery - needless to say I was a little nervous. 

Right around that time my wife sent me a text. I told her how my day was going. She quickly replied and told me to get a move on, to find my flow. I knew she was right. I played the waiting game and ended up making another keeper not long after she sent me a swift, but kind, kick in the arse. 

Near the end of my shoot I still wanted to make a frame of the livestock. After all, what is a state fair without animals, right? As I made my rounds I found that absolutely nothing was happening. 

Sigh...

But, just as I was about to throw in the towel I thought I should walk through the area where all the dairy cows were parked. As I rounded the last corner I saw Molly Apel, 12, cuddling with her calf. I made a few images, grabbed a "Got Milk" sticker and called it a day!









No comments: