Friday, July 13, 2012

President Barack Obama: for The Associated Press

It's that time again! What time?!

Time for our President and his political opponent to run their campaigning laps throughout our beloved nation. Today, President Obama landed in Norfolk, VA and was off to speak at my alma mater Green Run High School in Virginia Beach.

I was posted up for the day to cover the arrival and departure of Air Force One and its entourage. Although I had fun, and I am thankful for the work, I think it would have been great to photograph President Obama at my old stomping grounds. I always have a certain sense of pride when I get to work at GRHS. The last time I shot there was for Education Week and I had a great time. I blogged about that experience here

Either way, I'm grateful to be spending the day out of the office and in the fresh air making photographs. Thanks to the AP's Steve Helber for bringing me on for this go around.

 The follow images are a few selects from my time on the tarmac at Norfolk International.












No comments: